Continuing our summer conversations with a team of orality
specialists and experts, today's discussion centres round:
- selecting appropriate sets of stories for witness
- how to conduct worldview research.
The specialists conversing in this CD series are:
- Marcus Vegh - President of Progressive
Vision an international digital publishing ministry focused on
producing resources for discipling nations in strategic languages
of the world. He is the producer of the audio series and leads with
interview questions in the quoted segment on today's episode.
- Avery Willis - President of the International Orality Network - was on our first
podcast. He has served as a missionary for 14 years in Indonesia,
and is loved and known the world over for his classic book and
process of discipleship entitled Master Life
- Jim Slack is Global Evangelism and Church Growth
Consultant/Analyst in the Department of Research at the
International Mission Board (IMB). He has had 25 years of
missionary service in the Philippines, including church planting
consultation with 18 evangelical groups throughout Asia and has
done doctoral research on orality and literacy.
- Grant Lovejoy has taught on storying in more than twenty
countries and has been a keynote speaker at international
conferences on orality. A storying-based leadership training
process that he helped develop is in use in Africa, Asia, Europe
and Latin America. He has also taught preaching and Chronological
Bible Storying at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort
- J.O. Terry Up until recently Senior Media Consultant in
SE Asia with more than three decades of field ministry experience.
He and Jim Slack of been pioneer developers of Chronological Bible
Storying for the past fifteen years.
- Mark Snowden Up until recently he worked with the IMB
and is a trainer for Chronological Bible Storying
- Steve Evans Communications, Appropriate Media Consultant
and Trainer for Chronological Bible Storying
- S.O. Guy A Christian working in China and using
Chronological Bible Storying among the Mandarin speaking Han
Recommended web sites for further information:
The CD series entitled Following Jesus - Making Disciples of
Primary Oral Learners, can be found online at a specially reduced
price here. Today's show is from the introduction CD
in the series.
Please send us your audio and written
- via Skype: story4all
- by email
- Or via the My Chingo link in the right hand sidebar
We hope you enjoy today's show and will continue to join us
throughout the summer as we continue to learn how to make disciples
of oral learners.